More Convenient Payment Options
Effective August 2, 2021, Western Illinois Mutual Insurance Company will be launching a new online billing and payment solution, offering more ways to view and pay your property insurance bill, plus the addition of 24/7 phone payments and pay by text. Customers can receive and view bills electronically, make a payment with credit/debit card or e-check, and choose to go paperless. A quick, one-time payment can be made without registering or you can create an account to enjoy more features like setting up automatic payments, saving payment information for later use and viewing history.
- Easy-to-use online portal to access your payment and make payments
- Registration is not required
- Go Paperless – get your bills via email
- Save time with automatic payment options:
- AutoPay – automatically pay the invoice amount on the due date
- Recurring Scheduled Payments – set up a schedule to pay a fixed amount or the invoice balance on a specific day of the month
- Receive email reminders when your bill is ready, when a scheduled payment is pending and a confirmation after making a payment
- Pay by Phone – check your account balance or make a payment 24/7 by calling 855-786-5284
- Pay by Text – get text notifications about your bill and have the option to pay through text message with your default payment method (sign up when making an online payment or within your account)
Our national association is asking for help to try to get this bad bill vetoed by Governor Pritzker. He has already vetoed a previous bill that would have added 9% interest. This bill does the same thing, but drops interest to 6%. This bill removes any desire for expediency from a lawsuit…the longer you stall, the more interest you get paid!
PLEASE take 2 minutes to read the following information and click on the link, fill out your personal address and hit send, it’s that quick! YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Please help us.
Illinois: Contact Governor Asking for Veto of Prejudgment Interest Legislation
To: All NAMIC Members Doing Business in Illinois
Deadline: Friday, April 9, 5 p.m. CDT
Action: Contact Illinois Governor to Ask Him to Veto Prejudgment Interest Legislation
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker is considering SB 72, which would require a defendant to pay prejudgment interest in a lawsuit or arbitration claim arising out of personal injury. Interest is charged despite delays that might have nothing to do with the defendant, which encourages delays to drive-up potential recovery.
While NAMIC successfully lobbied for the veto of the more-harmful HB 3360, we are working to oppose SB 72, which only lowers the rate from 9 percent to 6 percent – still a far cry from being acceptable while we’re trying to help restore our economy during the pandemic.
In addition to sending an email through the above link, you may call the Governor’s Office at 217-782-0244. The NAMIC membership was vital in securing the HB 3360 veto, and we must now hold the line against SB 72.
- Report all claims promptly. We prefer this be done on our WEBSITE. (We will also accept Acord loss forms generated through your agency management system. Please email to email@example.com)
- Do not discuss with the policyholder the amount of the loss, or make any commitments as to coverage of their claim.
- Advise the insured that they are required, under the terms of the policy, that they should protect the property from any further damage.
- Advise the insured that permanent repair or replacement of any damage should not be made until they are contacted by an authorized Mutual adjuster.
- Notify the policyholder if a deductible will apply to their loss.
INVITATION TO BID SALVAGE MACHINERY
Bid closing date: Monday, March 29, 2021 12 noon – Bids will be opened at this time.
Item to Bid: Caterpillar bulldozer
Cause of Loss: Fire – thought to have started in the turbo area
Location of item: Approximate location in Pike county, IL. 2 miles East of Perry, IL JD dealer and then 1 mile South in a field. We BELIEVE this to be close, but don’t hold us to it. We didn’t drop a pin while there.
Year: 1987 Make: Caterpillar Model: D6H
This was a farmer owned dozer most of it’s life. Our insured had only put 100 hours on it and believes it to have had only approximately 5300 hours.
Attachments: None. As shown in pictures. Pictures are HERE.
Additional information: This dozer is in a field and after the fire they got a lot of rain. Winning bidder will need to coordinate with our insured to arrange for pickup. Contact information will be provided at the conclusion of the bidding. Value pre-fire $50,000.
Bid Amount: PLEASE BID HERE!
Direct questions to Tony Koehler, Manager 217-357-3962 or Bruce Pollock, Claims Adjuster, at 217-357-3963.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY BIDS. Insured may bid on his equipment, but high bid wins. Only bidders will receive final bid information.